July 21, 2010

Call me Miss Pink...

…or just Pink will do. Or Pinkie, or any derivation of Pink. Pinkalicious. Pink-a-dilly. Pinkness. Pinktastic. Just some suggestions.

Being in my early thirties (fast approaching the mid-range), I was not afforded the luxury of the internet during my developmental phase that so many budding spankos enjoy. (By developmental, I do mean 18-early 20s, as these blogs and sites are specifically for those of legal age.) But by my mid-20s, I was writing stories and contributing them to free spanking sites all under the moniker of “barely.pink”.

This name stuck, its use expanding to spanking personal sites, Yahoo Messenger, Facebook, and even some vanilla dating sites (how daring!). People who knew me before can easily find me, which has both negative and positive outcomes.

The purpose of this post? Recent days have me questioning the value of holding on to my name. Should it stay or should it go? Should I update it to something more suited to my maturity, something more reflective of my level of experience?

And then there's the added confusion of knowing what, exactly, to call me. Pink? Barely? BP (which has some negative associations of recent newsworthy events)? Miss Pink?

During an amusing phone call with a very close, in-the-know friend, we tossed around different names for me to use, finally settling on Nadia B. Is Nadia B. my real name? Not likely, but you are more than welcome to believe it. I changed it on my blogger profile, but seeing the "Nadia B." filled me with a sadness as if I was letting go of a safe and comfortable friend. I've become quite attached to my online identity, it would seem.

Do I keep the barely.pink or lose it? Opinions please...

Until then: I'm barely pink. You know what to do.






17 comments:

  1. This in the know person says keep it. But keep Nadia B. in your pocket too. You know, for that occasion when someone asks your name, but you don't really know them well enough. An alias.

    But barely pink is your moniker, it's your brand. Don't lose that, ever. ;)

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think
    losing pink
    would stink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anony: Something in my back pocket would be useful.

    BT:
    Thank you for helping me rethink
    changing my alias in this kink.
    I may remain barely.pink.
    (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a stickler
    for keeping Bumtickler
    sometimes it's quicker
    to B.Tickler



    You can do what ever you want, but Nadia B.??????
    Oh, me
    I'd hate to see


    Eat, Drink
    Be
    Merrily-Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's in a name? that which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet


    Having said that, I agree with the Anony 1. You've built your brand, you've staked your claim. Unless you're undergoing some larger brand renovation, I would stick with barely.pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BT: You tickle me.

    Kevinovo: Sounds like you're in favor of the Pink. After seeing these comments, and receiving more from email, I'm inclined to agree.

    I shall remain Pink. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BUT...now that you've said Nadia B. I think you need to tell more people the joke. Because too many of them are not snorting. And snorting is fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Barely Pink....

    If your name is Nadia B.,

    What does the B. stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think i know who must have written that last post...lol

    KEEP THE PINK! It would be hard to think of you as someone else. Do people typically change their own names as they mature or gain experience in life? Hmmmm....
    Another fascinating post though!
    :)

    FH

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roses are Red, Barely is Pink,
    That name's in my head, I vote what I think!

    Cher and Madonna are names to the masses. Think Pink as the color of well spanked bare asses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FH: Thanks for your vote. I actually have known a couple people to change their names in adulthood. But they weren't really all that stable so good point. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

    Command: Comments like these...are magic. ;) Thank you for your poetry!

    Anony: It's Nadia. Nadia Beeswax.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's why I prefaced my comment with the word typically :) But, then again we aren't exactly in the realm of "normal" now are we? Haha.

    FH

    ReplyDelete
  13. You simply must remain barely.pink. It is a wonderful moniker. It still fits. Yes, yes, you've been spanked many times and can no longer be considered "pink" but more of a "crimson" (I didn't say scarlett red :p). However, barely pink could refer to a challenge. As in, "I hope you can do better than that, I'm barely pink."

    I did notice the new icon in your posts. You didn't ask but I'll tell you anyway. I like the old icon, with the face and rosy cheeks. It was cute and more visible.

    Please stay barely.pink.

    -H

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great comments. So many talents poets. :D

    ~~@~~

    I had the same thought as FH. People don't usually change their name as they grow older and gain more experience.

    ReplyDelete
  15. FH: I am firmly in the 'normal' realm. I just like to have my bottom smacked, my hair pulled, my limits pushed, my...oh, never mind. I guess you're right. ;)

    Hedone: I much prefer my old profile pic, but unfortunately some members of my immediate family may have seen "barely pink" on my computer screen. A quick search would lead them to this blog. So, for the time-being, I need some camouflage. (Although if they looked at all they would certainly recognize me in the posts. Aack!)

    Thanks for your input! After my posting and the insightful comments, I realized that I never really wanted to change my name. I was just having an identity crisis of sorts.

    All better now.

    Thanks to everyone for their comments!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your name or moniker is you.
    It speaks for you and about you,
    I for one am glad you're keeping it.

    Collar

    ReplyDelete
  17. Collar, quite honestly, it's a bit of a relief. I can embrace 'the pink'.

    Thanks again, everyone, for your pearls of wisdom (and poetry).

    ReplyDelete

Leave your mark.